At the beginning of week two of the PreWriting Challenge (I started late so my week two is week three for the bulk of the participants), I am pleased with the results so far. I planned to write ten posts with the idea that they would be finals but that didn’t happen. I prepared six scheduled posts during the week, five were published and the sixth is scheduled. I have three drafts awaiting final review and I expect to use some of them for this week while I prepare ten new posts. You can see the proposed posts for last week and the actual status here. The planned posts for this weeks writing are here.
As with most things, the tidy planning gives way to messy production but I am getting more organized. The first thing I am discovering is that I need to keep my drafts in a separate folder. I am already losing track of the documents and I can see this as a continuing problem when I prepare work ahead of time. I can remember and keep track of details over a short time frame but stretch that time-frame out and I am certain to forget what I have done and where I put it.
The weekly plan works very nicely with the Challenge and I will be preparing a review of my experience over the next week